ActivitiesPosted by J Murray Fri, October 20, 2017 07:26PM
P5 finished their Road Safety programme by going on a Road Safety Walk. The children gained lots of experience crossing roads.
Gareth, our Road Safety Advisor , reminded us of the six important steps for crossing safely:
1. Find a safe place to cross
2. Keep your feet behind the edge of the kerb.
3. Look right and left to see if it is safe to cross
4. Cross if it is safe
5. Listen , look right and left as you cross
6. Walk sensibly across the road.
Lots of the children needed to be reminded to keep looking left and right as they were crossing but as we practised this we all improved.
A big thank you to Gareth who kept us all safe. We all had fun on our walk and understand that there are many hazards around us.
|Choose site to share content on|